MUDr. Dušan Tudík, MDDr. Andrej Breza, MPH., MDDr. Ľubomír Malíček, PhD., MUDr. Branislav Janíček
Implantology deals with the replacement of missing teeth. Currently, we can replace these missing teeth with implants, which we insert directly into the jaw bone during surgery. The entire implant insertion process is completely painless and usually takes no more than 30 minutes.
Dental implants can serve as a replacement for missing teeth or as a support for dentures.
WHAT IS A DENTAL IMPLANT?
A dental implant consists of three basic parts:
- screws that specialists insert into the bone during surgery;
- abutment (a pillar that allows the screw to be connected to the crown); and
- a dental crown, which is attached to the screw either by gluing or screwing.
The first step in the process is a consultation, during which our experts will provide you with information about your options and explain the course of the procedure. As part of the consultation, you can ask questions which our doctors are very happy to answer.
The length of dental implant healing varies depending on many factors, but usually lasts from 3 to 6 months.
Implants we offer
Dental implants in Bratislava will be provided by our dental clinic. At YLUX dental clinic, we have a team of experienced dental surgeons who will suggest a complete implant solution tailored to you.
During implantation, we use a certified system by the German company BREDENT – SKY Implant System – which has been verified by hundreds of successful implantations and high rates of patient satisfaction.
Dental implant – a brief procedure
The implant procedure can be described in several steps:
- Consultation – during the consultation, we will assess the condition of your jaw bone and current X-rays and discuss your implant solution options.
- Planning the procedure – in the next step we will prepare a plan of the whole procedure. Because we use guided implantology in our dental clinic, we will also arrange a date for taking 3D images and scanning the oral cavity. If you do not have enough of your own quality bone, it is possible to use bone replacement via augmentation.
- The course of surgery – details of the course of the procedure and the timing of healing and prosthetic replacement will also be given to you in writing during your consultation. During implantation, we use the innovative principle of guided implantology, which guarantees safe and accurate implant placement. The subsequent prosthetic replacement of missing teeth is solved by the most current 3D teeth imprint scanning technology.
Why Choose a Dental Implant?
If you are considering dental implants, keep a few details in mind. These include choosing a suitable clinic and weighing all of the advantages and disadvantages of dental implants.
The biggest advantages of this solution are:
- Long lasting – with proper care and regular checkups, the implant can last for several years.
- Replacement of one or more teeth – one tooth is replaced with one implant and one crown. For many missing teeth, we use a bridge.
- Simple replacement – if the crown is damaged, it can be easily replaced with a new one.
- Aesthetics – dental implants look natural and are almost indistinguishable from your own teeth. They complement your smile beautifully.
- A full tooth replacement – a dental implant is like a real tooth. It allows you to eat different types of foods without any restrictions.
The price of a dental implant depends on the brand being used and many other factors (for example, whether it will be necessary to use bone replacement by augmentation in the absence of your own bone). We will inform you in advance during the consultation of the total amount you will pay.
Frequently Asked Questions About Dental Implants
How long does it take to insert a dental implant?
The length of the entire operation varies and usually depends on how many dental implants you need. However, one dental implant can be inserted within 30 to 40 minutes.
Can a dental implant be rejected?
Yes it can, but the overall success rate of a dental implant is up to 97%. The reasons for rejection vary and may relate to the patient’s medical condition, the type of implant, or the implantologist’s experience.
How long does a dental implant take to heal?
The length of healing usually ranges from 3 to 6 months depending on what was done and how your individual body reacts.
Does it hurt to have an implant?
With the introduction of a dental implant local anesthesia is used so the whole process is completely painless.
Is there an age limit when using dental implants?
Yes. A dental implant can only be inserted for people who have completed their growth cycle. This means that the operation is not suitable for children.